The Mt. Carmel Area Economic Alliance hosted a Employer Business Seminar today at the Wabash Valley College Manufacturing Building at 3rd and Walnut Streets.
A variety of speakers outlined several business topics which can be helpful to local business owners. Among the topics covered today:
- Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act
- Illinois Job Link
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Fidelity Bonding
- Illinois Department of Rehabilitation Service
- Illinois Department of Veteran Affairs
- How to Survive an Unemployment Audit
- Unemployment and Appeal Hearing Process
- Accelerated Advanced Manufacturing Program
Attendees also had the opportunity to hear about several tax credits, training reimbursement programs and other benefits that are available through these agencies and departments.